Dental Technology in Vidalia, GA
Dr. Jordan and his team have selected a variety of state-of-the-art technology so you can remain comfortable during your visit in our office.
- Oral sedation (tablet or liquid form): first, we’ll review your medical history. If you are a candidate for oral sedation, you are given a pill to take prior to your dental appointment. You will need a companion to drive you to and from the dental office. The pill works to create a relaxed state so that you will be drowsy when you arrive. We provide additional medication in the office while your vital signs are monitored. You will be in a sleep-like state. This is ideal for patients who suffer from extreme dental phobia.
- Nitrous Oxide (laughing gas)
- Digital X-rays: Digital X-rays use 50-90% less radiation than old-fashioned methods. Additional benefits include the elimination of dark room chemicals, which is better for the environment. The highly detailed image of your teeth on our computer screen can be rotated, magnified, adjusted for contrast, and even color-coded for educational purposes. Further, we can store it on our computer files, thus saving paper. For insurance purposes, referrals, or patient education, it can be accurately reproduced any number of times. In summary, digital X-rays are faster, cleaner, and allow us to provide better quality care.
- Intraoral Cameras
- Air Abrasion: For certain small cavities, Air Abrasion can mean NO needles and NO drills. It is a relatively new technology in dentistry. A high powered stream of air cleans decay from small cavities on the chewing surfaces of back teeth, allowing a white filling to be bonded in place. In the right circumstances, it is a quick and painless process, and it conserves tooth structure as well. If you have any cavities that are good candidates for this procedure, we will certainly let you know.
- Kavo Orthopantomograph OP 3D: The OP 3D unit provides valuable information vital to diagnosis and determining the best course of treatment for each individual patient. It gives Dr. Jordan views from many different regions such as; Implantology, Endodontics, Impactions, TMJ, Airway, Trauma, and Periodontics. When a patient has this type of xray done and needs further treatment it can easily be sent to a referring office to save time not only for the patient but for the other office as well. This unit takes environmental thinking to a new level by replacing the lead, usually used for radiation shielding, with a more environment-friendly capable of providing equivalent radiation attenuation.
- Quiet, electric hand pieces
- Cordless hygiene hand pieces
- Self-contained distilled water system in each treatment room
- State of the art sterilization practices